Perceptual or Market Mapping Excel Template
- Downloadable immediately
Perceptual or Market Mapping Excel Template
Perceptual maps also known as Market maps visually show you how existing products/services are positioned in the market, i.e. in the minds of consumers, in relation to product attributes, e.g. features, price, value, etc. and the associated positioning of the competing products in the marketplace.
Do you want to know any of the following? If so perceptual/market mapping may help.
- Where to position a new product/service in the market?
- How the target market perceives your brand in the marketplace?
- Monitor changes in customer preferences
- Assess the changing market position of competitive brands
- Track how new products are being positioned in the market
- Evaluate the performance of your recent marketing campaigns or strategy change
- Evaluate the performance of your competitor's recent marketing campaigns or strategy change
- How the customers see your brand relative to others in the market
- Gain a better understanding of market segments and spot gaps/opportunities in the market.
These are some of the benefits you can realize by using Perceptual mapping/Market mapping
These maps visually show you how existing products/services and brands are positioned in the market, i.e. the minds of consumers, relative to product attributes, e.g. quality, product features, value, and the associated positioning of the competing products in the marketplace.
The perceptual/market maps can help you to decide where a product can/should be placed.
Perceptual mapping can also help define market segments, showing clusters of businesses differentiated by key aspects (such as higher price, extensive range of features, product customization).
It can also help identify gaps in a market, where customers perceive that existing products do not fit, and a new product or service could be introduced/positioned.
You can get insights as to the effectiveness of your or a competitor’s recent marketing campaign or strategy change by doing before and after mapping to identify any discernible changes.
Perceptual maps can also be used to get market feedback on how a new product, (either yours or a competitor’s), is being viewed.
Perceptual/market maps are created by asking customers about their perception of a brand or product in terms of its price, packaging, size, performance etc. The qualitative answers obtained are entered into a chart by using a Likert scale.
Perceptual maps measure the way products or brands are positioned in the minds of consumers and show these perceptions on a two-dimensional map whose X and Y axes are formed by associated product attributes or brand.
Our template provides the option to have a third dimension by using a standard Excel Bubble chart. The size of the bubble is used to provide the third dimension.
Key Features of the Perceptual or Market Mapping Excel Template
- Allows you to position up to five competitors visually for any two selected attributes.
- Has an option to produce a three dimensional map using Excel Bubble Chart.
- Maps can be produced for changes in perception over time
- The completed map can be printed
- A PDF copy of the map can be produced.
- Can use a Likert scale to measure perceptions for each selected attribute
- Each rating is done on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 = poor, 5 = excellent)
- Uses only standard Excel features,
- Fully customizable Excel template, with no macros or password protected areas
- Simple to setup – if you have Excel, you are ready to go!
- Comprehensive User Guide
- Outstanding customer service and support -- just check out what our customers say
- No Quibble Money Back Guarantee
Related Templates and Bundles
We offer a number of other marketing and competitive analysis tools.
- Competitor Competitive Analysis Excel Template using a Radar Chart
- Three level (product, market, corporate) Comprehensive Competitor Competitive Analysis Excel Template
- What-if eCcommerce Revenue Business Model
- Marketing Budget Excel Template
- Marketing Budget Excel Template incorporating Budget Variance Analysis
Need Something Different
If the features of the perceptual / market mapping template are not exactly what you need, please contact us and we will see if we can meet your needs.
No Quibble Money Back Guarantee
Still not sure? Check out the Perceptual/market Mapping User Guide for full details.
Remember all your purchases come with a "No quibble MONEY BACK GUARANTEE"
Security and PaymentThe site is fully protected using the industry leading Geo-Trust SSL security system.
Payments via all major credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay are processed using Stripe payment processing and we also accept PayPal payments.
Once payment is processed, the items purchased can be downloaded immediately.